Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter, Happy baking disaster, and happy best-news-ever teaser

We had a lovely egg hunt and even managed to score some actual seats in church this morning (not an easy feat!)

For our big dinner, we will enjoy a prime rib, and I decided to make an Octopus-shaped cream cheese pound cake.

Easter Octopus instead of Bunny? A bit strange? Well, I had the pan already and didn't want to get another bundt pan.

IF YOU GET THIS PAN, BE SURE TO SET IT ON A COOKIE SHEET OR IT WILL BECOME UNEVEN AND DUMP HALF OF IT'S BATTER INTO THE BOTTOM OF YOUR OVEN!

Don't ask me how I discovered that little tip. Errrggg...

As for the view in the picture I posted this time, well, it's a rare and fleeting view of my feet.

Any guesses as to why the view of my feet is going away? Hint, it's super exciting good news.

Oh and one last thing - check out this sneak peak of a baby quilt over at Happy Apple quilts. Look familiar? Hm, looks like my banner. I LOVE this quilt pattern, and think it looks really pretty in 1930's repro's too.

18 comments:

Donna said...

take lots of pics of those toes, for if my thought is right it may be a while til you see them again! :-) Congrats.

mikawendy said...

Congrats on the happy news!

SaraLynnArt said...

Super exciting good news!? That sounds wonderful! Congratulations! ^^

Hmm... any pictures of that cake? It sounds like it was one cool creation!

Denise (Nour) said...

Hi Marisa! Yes, it is the same as your banner - I wanted to try the 'Make It Simpler Paper Piecing' technique by Anita Grossman Solomon. It was fun but removing all those little bits of paper was a 3 evening, in-front-of-the-TV marathon! Also lots of pre-sewing, prep work with glue, etc. Maybe I would make the split nine patch or a star pattern (after awhile)!!! Thanks for the mention on your blog ; ) !!!!

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Hmmm... either you've decide to start wearing cowgirl boots or... could it be? Will they be obscured by a baby bump? That sounds like grounds for joy and "best-news-ever"status.

Amy said...

I suppose we will be seeing a baby quilt in the future?! Congratulations :) Lovely shoes, by the way!

The Calico Cat said...

Are you going to have a baby?

Serious question...

When you make an all taupe quilt, do you use a taupe back?
(I just got 7.5 yards & am feeling very guilty about using it for a back... I would be great for applique - it is a light.)

Oh & there is a GC waiting for me at Pinwheels - luckily I get to go to Lancaster to retrieve it!

Jeanne said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news. I'd love to see the cake, too.

Unknown said...

Ohmygoodness! Congratulations! I feel a baby bump coming!

Elizabeth said...

Yay Marissa! Happy, happy news! I hope you are feeling okay...

I'm not sure how to do the autoredirect and all of that, but my blog has been moved to http://blog.elizabethbaum.com/

Hope to see you soon! Elizabeth

Oiyi said...

Congrats!!

Kates said...

Hmmmm I think I know why.. :D

P.S. Cute shoes. Haha

Chara Michele said...

Oh exciting! Might there be a baby quilt in your near future? :) Congrats if so! :)

Denise (Nour) said...

OK - Now I got it! That's why baby quilts are suddenly attractive - congratulations and best wishes!

MOONSTITCHES said...

:)
Looking forward to see the view fleeting and wishing all the best, Marisa!!!

Kates said...

Ugh I KNOW we totally need to hang out at some point!! Do you have plans tomorrow during the day? We could go get coffee or something.. Gimme a call any time. :]

And the book you're thinking of is called Ender's Shadow, and it is seriously almost as awesome as Ender's Game. I actually liked Ender's Shadow more than Ender's Game the first time I read it, it's AWESOME! You must read it.

Love you!

Annie said...

Take a good look at those feet. Congratulations!

M.L. said...

I am absolutely in love with those shoes! And congratulations on your good news!