Saturday, March 29, 2008

Of course, we're expecting!


Well, you all of course guessed it right, our family is expecting our 2nd baby.

Thanks for all your kind well wishes! You really warm my heart.

Interesting enough, the due date is only 2 days off from our son's birthday, so could be birthday cake all around depending on how things line up.

Babies of course show up when they darn well please, and I've found them to have complete disregard for their due date as a blanket generalization.

I think we'll find out the sex of the baby in another month or something, so no starting the baby quilt until I know if it's flowers or race cars.

On a totally different topic, I picked up the latest Patchwork Quilt Tsushin #142 and it's lovely. Some taupe patterns by Yoko Saito (my favorite) as well as some log cabin block ideas from Chuck Nohara (my other favorite). Overall this issue is very nice, and I'd put it up there with my favorites in the last year or so.

In a desperate maneuver of shopping therapy, I broke down and purchased an amazing hair decoration from Atelier Kanawa's Etsy shop. We have a wedding to go to in another month and a half, so maybe I'll wear it then, or maybe just out to a nice dinner. Either way, Atelier's classical Japanese training and her amazingly beautiful creations are not to be missed.

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

Congratulations! Having birthdays clsoe together is a good thing. My Mom had 4 children but only had to do 2 birthday events each year. Somehow she had 3 children with 3 birthdays in a row! As a child it was fun to have 2 brothers to celebrate a birthday with.

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Very exciting.
More congratulations to you and yours.

Zegi said...

Congratulations!!! :)

Sheridan said...

Congratulations! Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Freeblady said...

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy and baby!

Chara Michele said...

Congratulations again :)

Kates said...

Hey you, I called you on Saturday. All blame for not hanging out over spring break is offically on you. Lol

But I hear I may be seeing you in the next few weeks anyways? Yay for coming up to Berk! You can see what you missed out on when you went to UCLA (OH SNAP I WENT THERE).

Haha, love you Marissa! Send my love to Jamie and Addy. =]

Charlene Teo said...

WOW Marisa! Huge congrats to you and your family! I'm feeling so excited for you here! Take care...