Saturday, February 28, 2009

Stitches West 2009

Stitches West 2009 is a knitting convention that is on this weekend very close to my house in San Jose, California. My buddy Sharon and I will be off to check it out tomorrow morning.

My quilting friend Marianne already went, and said it was super cool. Thanks again for visiting Marianne, and for the sock yarn! Perhaps there are more socks in my future.

I did actually finish the sock (photo above) after taking the sock class at Green Planet Yarn and spending some quality time with a knitting book. I'm still wondering what an SSK is....sigh...I will never be a 'real' knitter.

For all you Dear Jane Quilt addicts, and you know who you are (ahem, Lynn of Craft Sew) - check out Purl's sale on Dear Jane fabric. At 40% off who could resist?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi marisa!

SSK means slip slip knit. here is a video tutorial:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGwcYW3GG3M

xo
jen
(from purl)

Journeying Five said...

i understand the woeful knitter...i complete a few projects and think things are okay and then come up with stuff i just can't figure! keeps us humble i guess.

Unknown said...

Oh wow! That is really exciting that they have the fabric!