Sunday, April 4, 2010

Knitting 101 for Quilters: How to frog your project


My friend Sharon is making the most amazing knitted lace shawl.

I thought, gee, I'll make one too.

So I started it, and promptly got myself in HUGE trouble. Extra stitches galore. At the end of each row I would just knit all the 'extras' (is that an official knitting term?) together into one giant knitted tumor.

After continuing along in this manner for about 40 rows, I had a really interesting (read: Funky!) looking project.

So, I frogged it, and went back to my wedding signature quilt blocks.

Who knew that knitting would inspire me to quilt?! Ha! That's a good one.

I did re-start it though. Check out a finished version at Asplundid Knits.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Don't give up! I'm sure you'll get ahold of the tumor issue. :)