Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sarah Johnson Quilt - progress....and Conference of Northern California Handweavers

Literally piece by piece I'm working on the Sarah Johnson quilt (AKA wedding signature quilt) as much as time allows.

Other parts of life have been busy so it's a little slower going than maybe I would like, but moving in the forward direction is always good even if baby steps.

This weekend I'm heading off to my first yarn spinning convention. Who knew there were such things? I'm really excited since I've been spending time here and there with my drop spindle.

Conference of Northern California Handweavers is taking place in the Santa Clara convention center very close to my house.

My friend from spinning class is coming with me, so I'm really looking forward to checking out all the cool spinning wheels and fibers.

Don't worry, I'll take some photos for you.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Wow a spinning convention! That sounds pretty serious.
I'm so jealous of your sig quilt. I really need to get going on mine. Someday....

Miriam said...

I love those fabrics, especially the top one.

Have fun at the spinning convention!