Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Tanktop = His Super-Cape

It turns out that if you are an almost 5 yr old boy, and take your mommy's favorite tanktop, and slip your arms through the arm holes such that the rest of it drapes off of your back, it acts just like a super hero cape.

If you run around the house like this yelling "I'm Batman!" for a while, during which time she is busy doing laundry, you will probably not even be caught for a good amount of time.

During that time, you might even create a bond with your mommy's favorite tanktop such that you develop a new sense of entitlement to said tanktop.

For now, I suppose it has a higher calling.

In spare moments I have been working on another Catherine Wheel scarf, and not doing a whole lot else. Although I am reading lots of quilt books and documenting some ideas for projects in my project journal.

Oh and every night I'm reading a book called "How I Became A Pirate" so I'm getting good at speaking 'pirate' too. Shiver me timbers!

5 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Oooh argh!
*grin*

Colleen said...

Too cute. I don't think that is your tank top any more. Sorry. ;)

Lis Harwood said...

You've lost that tank top for sure.

Unknown said...

Cute story! It reminds me of the "If you give a cat a cupcake" books... this would be "If you give your 5y old your favorite taktop" story. This is why I have, not one, but TWO batmat costumes at my house ;)

sherry said...

oh my gosh. that is so funny. we went through a phase where mason wanted me to read that book every night. i really love the illustrations. the story is cute too. i don't think i ever mastered the pirate voice though.