Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Mecca of Purl Soho: Japanese Fabric & Liberty of London Fabric


While I was on vacation over the holiday I visited the Purl Soho warehouse in Tustin, California.

It is a great place to hang out and get inspired.  An entire warehouse of imported Japanese fabric, Liberty of London Fabric, and a room full of yarn that is larger than life. 

I ended up adopting some Liberty fabric (I couldn't help myself!) and a few other pieces of fabric as well. 

Somehow I missed seeing their new submarine fabric.  Gee, my kids would have loved it.  Oh well, next time.

The Purl Soho staff was as sweet and friendly as ever.  If you order from their web site, the gals who work here put a lot of love and care into making sure you get just what you ordered.

I had the pleasure of chatting with Jennifer while she was helping me with my order.  She is one of the genius Purl Soho partners that keep all of us fabric and yarn junkies happy by making sure Purl is well-stocked.

I picked up a little piece of this apple fabric by Kokka and I am wondering if I should not have gotten a bit more of it.  It is just wonderful.

Some Spud and Chloe sweater yarn also jumped into my arms and insisted I purchase it.  My darling sister gave me Rebecca Danger's Big Book of Knitted Monsters for Christmas and I intend to make a bunch more of them.  My knit nite friend Susan got me addicted to them.


3 comments:

Susan said...

Hehe cant wait to see the little monsters you are going to make! Super cute apple fabric!

Julie Fukuda said...

I have a bit of Liberty fabric in my stash and wonder how it is when used with other cottons in scrap quilts. It should be nice to quilt through.

Bridget said...

Thanks for reminding me of my favorite fabric warehouse store! And yes, the ladies who work there are extremely helpful.