Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Quilter's Notebook


I am still making small chipboard notebooks that hold scraps of fabric and notes about projects.

I'm a sucker for these little books.  I started using zebra duct tape as the binding tape.  Really fun.

When Moleskin comes out with a new notebook, I always want those too.  They are small, affordable in general (around $10, although maybe expensive for a notebook), but so very handy that I have a little collection of them.

One for quilting notes, one for spinning notes, one for 'firsts' about the kids - first steps, first lost tooth, etc.  We had a first recently where my older son went to a friend's house to play.  I had not really thought about it much, but it was the first time I actually let him stay at a friend's house without also staying there.  He was so excited and proud and had such a blast.  

I know I have said this before....as incredible as growing up is, it's all flying by too fast for my taste.  Where is my slow-motion button when I need it?  We are having so much fun with these small kids.

5 comments:

Lynne said...

What is it about small books - especially hand-made ones? They are beautiful in their own right (write!) let alone their contents.

I have several which are combination ideas jotters /decorated journals, all very individual and unintentional; it's only when you look back on them you think ah, hmm, actually, this looks very nice indeed!

You can never have too many books of ANY kind!

And Time, ah yes, those Little Ones grow so fast, don't they, at least the grandchildren do, I don't remember my own boys' years goingso fast.

AnnaVallance said...

In a few days my youngest child turns 30. I never did find the slow-motion button.

Susan said...

Excellent idea! Its a great way to keep these ideas somewhere special!

Unknown said...

You never cease to amaze me! Can't wait to see this in person :)

When you invent the pause button, do share please.

Cynthia@wabisabiquilts said...

I love notebooks too:). What a fantastic idea to record a child's firsts in a special notebook. Daughter #2 leaves the nest soon and I find myself wishing I'd been a better record keeper! Thanks for the inspiration - I really enjoy your blog.